Monday, October 17, 2011

Who Are You?

I, like most, fight to be myself, and express myself each and every day.  It seems that what I thought I was yesterday, I'm not today.  The dreams I had last night, have morphed in to something entirely different by the time I wipe the sleep from my eyes this morning.  I know I can't be alone in this realization...can I?

Maybe the explanation is simply we dynamically change with each passing day, what we experience today, effects us to the point of adding many other facets to our personality, dreams and philosophy by the time the sun sets?  Funny how when I was a "rat" on the corporate wheel, I never noticed this...I imagine that I was completely out of tune with myself, and the world around me.  Now that what I do is so heavily centered around who I am, and how I feel (amongst a million other things), the realization can't help but slap me in the face!

How does one make sense of all this?  Please let me in on the secret if you've figured it out!  If we look back,  this seems to be a pattern...after all, many artists have driven themselves mad...



1 comment:

  1. This is seriously one of my favorite sayings! I went to art school for a year - had an AWFUL time.worked for a year and went back to school and got a biology degree. To this day I regret not finishing my art degree - one of my very few regrets. Such is like we must work with what we have and give our children the advice we did not take!

    ReplyDelete