Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On A Serious Note...

I'm not one to lead a "serious" life.  I laugh as often as possible, and am generally lighthearted in nature....with that being said...today, I am blogging as a mother of four children...NOT as a jewelry designer, artist, etc...

Last Sunday, approximately an hour away from me, a severely autistic, non verbal, little 8 year old boy went missing.  Tonight will be the fourth night he might be alone/hurt in the dense woods surrounding Lake Anna State Park.  You can read Robbie's story HERE.



Robert (Robbie) Wood - Richmond Times Dispatch Photo

Tomorrow, my oldest daughter and myself will join the thousands of volunteers, some coming from as far away as South Carolina, to search for this little boy.  Please, any positive thoughts, prayers or other spiritual words would be greatly appreciated...not only for little Robbie, but also his family, friends, law enforcement and volunteer searchers.  "We are going to continue this until we find him,"  said Hanover County, VA Sheriff Capt. Mike Trice today....

Most of us have children, and I can't begin to fathom the heartache....

Edited 10/26/11 6:08 p.m. - Tonight searchers are leaving glow sticks with food/blankets attached deep within the woods, in the hopes that although Robbie is cautious with people he doesn't know, that the glow sticks will catch his attention.  Not only giving him warmth and food, but also allowing searchers to know where he might be!  Just Awesome!!

Thank you...

Tania - Mother of four


4 comments:

  1. I have a 2 year old daughter and read this story and was just sick over it. My family and I have kept Robbie and his family in our prayers.
    Shannon C

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad about Robbie! I will certainly be lifting him up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie and his family are in my thoughts, wishing for his safe return soon.

    ReplyDelete