Saturday, April 2, 2011

We All Have Our Flaws...

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, I swear I'm severely ADD...I've gone undiagnosed for 30...ummm...something years now.  Whether my parents were in denial, or I was their source of entertainment, remains to be told.  If I showed you how many unfinished clay projects are laying on my work bench (I stopped counting at 18...see I can't even count without being distracted), all the household projects left uncompleted, and the storage containers full of "in progress" crochet projects I'd be scheduled as the next guest on Dr. Phil...he'd have a field day with me!

Ideas come at me at such inappropriate moments in life.  Prayer, job interviews, parent-teacher conferences (kidding on the last one), are all places when pulling out my handy-dandy notebook of ideas would be considered as more than just a casual faux pas.  So, as everyone does, I spend the remainder of time at said event, committing the idea to memory, only to later forget it.  Poof.  Gone.  Never existed.  Typical.

While I'm admitting my downfalls, I should also let you know that I was also born "without a filter on my mouth" as my husband affectionately refers to this affliction.  Chances are if it pops into my mind, it's coming out of my mouth.  No reservations, whatsoever.  Yes, it's gotten me into trouble more times than I care to admit.  But, I like to think of it as a public service.  If I'm saying what everyone else is thinking, than how is that wrong?

I was intending on posting "hot off the bench" pieces...but I got distracted with this post...maybe tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. I have no filter, either! Although I've gotten much better about biting my tongue, I have to practice hitting my delete key SO. MUCH. QUICKER.

    ReplyDelete